Thursday, December 11, 2008

This So Sucks...


I don't even know what to say right now...I am crying so hard I can barely breath...Steve is on his way home. We just got a call from our adoption agency. Basically 2 out of the 9 families with an LID of 2/23/2006 (ours) got their referrals...the other 7 did not. The president of the agency was the one who called me he didn't know why this happened and can't call to find out until the offices open in China (right now it is in the middle of the night there...). He told me that this has happened before, but not with so many families at once. He said that once he finds out something he will call us. I was told that it could take up to 4 months to get our referral...
Obviously, this is a huge disappointment...I can't even describe how I feel right now! I wanted to post this however instead of telling this over and over again! I just ask for prayer that this is resolved quickly to a positive outcome.
I am hoping that some friends of ours that were in our travel group were one of the two couples who did get the referral though. When I feel a little more "stable" I will call them and check! I apologize if none of this makes since! But, I know other familes in this process will understand all of the "lingo" used!
Thank you...

9 comments:

  1. I am so sorry. You are in our thoughts today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca, I am so sorry. I know that the waiting is so hard. I will pray that you get your little girl soon. God has perfect timing even if it is hard to understand. You are in my thoughts,
    Laura C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry. What a huge disappointment. I'll be praying for you all. We had a crisis during our adoption which we thought could put our travel group back months and God was so faithful. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry to hear this news. Sending hugs and prayers your way!
    Mendy
    (from RQ)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry. I will be praying for you guys. Please keep us updated at RQ.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rebecca,
    I'm at a loss of words. Hang in there -- this will work out.
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry. I hope tomorrow brings you better news! You will be in my thoughts and prayers today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. can't even imagine what you are going through, keeping you in my prayers......
    catherine LID 4.3.06

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry. I have heard of it happening before and many times another package is sent later in the month. I can't imagine your disappointment and again I'm so sorry this happened to you.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete