Friday, December 12, 2008

Seriously??? You have GOT to be kiddin' me...

Let me start by saying that the prayer I prayed over this situation was (and is) if it isn't going to happen, if it is not "meant to be", then please let us find out now. Yes, it will hurt and be awful...but anyone who is going through this knows the wait is ridiculously awful...I am just tired and want to get it over with! But, if not, if there really is a Taryn floating around somewhere in China waiting on us...then let's keep continuing. Either way, I was going to praise God...whether in pain or not.
That being said...Steve was the one to return the phone call to the President of our adoption agency today. He was given a few reasons as to why this has happened...one was that they just didn't have enough babies to give to the whole group...hmmmm, shady...
The other was a health issue we dealt with a few years ago and has been "flagged" several times already(and dealt with) caused them to "pause" on our paperwork. However, the other 6 families did not have "health" issues and they are dealing with the same delay.
Here is the kicker...are you ready for this??? Obviously, it would seem like since this happened we would be put with the upcoming LID's for February (coming out in January...). China being China, does it totally differently. We now virtually have NO LID and are just at their mercy -whenever they decide to match us it will happen. We were told the longest it has been is 4 months....hmmmm, heard that back in 2005 when we started this whole process!
Naturally, Steve asked if we should just stop this or are we actually going to get a baby! We were told that we had been "accepted" that we started all of this before the "rule change" that China had in 2006. We are supposed to hear something back the week of Christmas from the agency. Steve said he wasn't really thinking that they would know anymore then...it all sounds so shady to both of us! There aren't enough babies, in the largest, most overpopulated country in the world???? Then why are no other agencies reporting this happening? And the "fairness" (yes, I know life isn't fair...but just hear me out!) of not putting us before or at least in with the next LID group...WHAT THE HECK?????
I for one have HAD IT with this whole process! Yes, I feel like my prayer was answered...we are still in this "game"...and yes, I will continue to praise God through all of this...BUT, WHAT THE HECK????
There is just no explaining the way China works...and I honestly don't believe the agencies here have any control over any of it! It seems that we, the parents to be, the ones paying bucket loads of money to parent an orphan from their country, as well as the adoption agencies, are just pawns in some kind of twisted game the Chinese Government is playing with us! Dramatic? Well, yes....but would you expect anything less from me???
I will keep everyone updated! Peace out...

4 comments:

  1. Oh, my heart is breaking for you!
    I hope everything works out and you get your referral.

    Tracy
    (LID 1-12-06)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just unbelievable -- there is really no imagining the agony and frustration you must be feeling right now. Please know I am thinking of you and hoping for a quick referral for you.
    So very sorry that this is happening,
    Cheryl (from RQ)
    LID 2/24/06

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't know me from Adam (or would it be Eve?), but I watch the rumor queen site because I have a friend with an LID in March of 2006. I saw your post and checked your blog to read your heartbreaking story and simply had to post. The agony that you all (my friend included) have been going through is almost criminal. And now THIS?! It can hardly ease your pain but just know that even a total stranger out there is heartbroken for you. You sound like you've got a great head on your shoulders, wonderful family and faith and if anyone can get through this, it sounds like you can. I hope they get their act together and GET YOU YOUR CHILD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rebecca,
    This must feel like a horrible dream from which you can not wake up. Plus, you have the whole horrendous event documented on video tape. I believe it was a blessing from God to have so many of your dearest friends with you when you needed to be surrounded by love and understanding. Keep looking towards next year's birthday celebration when this will be a distant memory and your newest family member will be helping you blow out your candles. Your family is in my prayers.

    Leslie - LID 6/23/06

    ReplyDelete