Sunday, March 8, 2009

Guangzhou China = Gatlinburg TN. United States...












We are now in the "tourist trap" of China! This entire day was busy. We started out going to a Chinese Christian Church...it was lovely. Probably the 2nd greatest "highlight" of this trip for me (the first being getting Taryn of course...). I have never felt so overwhelmed listening to the many Chinese people praising and worshipping God...it was so moving...words can't describe. I couldn't even understand the words...but I recognized the tune from our church at home. I actually "teared up" listening to it...it was beautiful to witness and I almost felt a little "sad" that Taryn wasn't going to be surrounded by such lovely Chinese people as those in this Church. The minister even started out with a joke! There was a translator of course...but, it was a lovely sermon and I was so glad to be a part of something I didn't even know existed in China.
Then, directly after Church we rushed, rushed, rushed straight to the Pearl Market...yeah baby...I said the PEARL MARKET! Wholesale "real" pearls...We got Taryn a necklace and earrings with a silver clasp for 90$ US dollars (sweet!!!). We actually bought these for her wedding day...My goal has been to get her one gift from China for every birthday through her 18th birthday...and then a wedding gift. I know, that sounds ridiculous, but we aren't buying huge expensive items. Just little things from her home Country. The biggest gifts (or most expensive I should say) were the "wedding" pearls and then we bought a Jade (which is also big here in China) ring and bracelet for her 16th year (45$ US!...even sweeter!). Then, and I had to include pictures/video of the next adventure or nobody would believe me...we went to a wholesale market called "Carrefour"...it is like a Wal-mart...only 10 times CRAZIER! We all left there having anxiety attacks! It was nuts! And we only had to get baby cereal! Lesson learned...stay away from Carrefour in China!
Finally, we met for dinner as a group...once again (and probably not the last time) for Chinese. You KNOW it is a good Chinese food restaurant when the food is swimming in the tanks and there are Chandeliers hanging overhead...extra special...hmmmm!
So, I leave you with tons of pictures and video "footage". We are tired...and poor Taryn...went down with a smile as always!

No comments:

Post a Comment