Thursday, March 5, 2009

Another Day In Nanchang...


















It was our last full day in Nanchang. And, once again, it was rainy! We got out when we could...and then I didn't bring the camera!!!! I had our friends take pictures, but there won't be much to post as far a pictures go! I finally got to see what I like to call "food on a stick". The Chinese eat a lot of "different" things as I have pointed out many times before...anyway, some of the fun things they eat are always on a stick...scorpions on a stick, octopus on a stick, etc...today was the first time we were able to get out on the streets of Nanchang today...so I took just two pictures of the food on a stick...I hope to get more for the boys (who like the "cool" pics!) maybe in Guangzhou. We passed a middle school today and were quickly surrounded by the cutest middle schoolers giggling and whispering...they kept saying "hello" and "hi"...and then would giggle some more. It was so cute...teenagers are the same no matter what country you are in! We then went to a bookstore this evening and were, once again, surrounded by a group of little girls. I had my friend take a picture (of course I don't have it because it was in her camera!). They LOVED it! They actually spoke better English than the middle schoolers! One of them handed me a piece of candy...and then they all had to "scatter" because the bookstore owner began to yell at them (in Ky. we call it "Wal-Mart parenting!)...I felt badly because the girls were being so sweet...but, kids here have there "place" and it isn't to flock around the "customer" which was us! So, we have "food on a stick" pictures, and then the "van" picture is China's version of a mini van (ours is way better!!!). And then, of course...cute Taryn pictures!
Speaking of Guangzhou...we fly there tomorrow! It is a 1.5 hour flight...I am praying for an "easy" flight...there will be approximately 15 families with babies flying on our flight to Guangzhou! I know the three in our group are all teething...so it might prove to be interesting! I am not going to pull out the "drugs" (aka...Baby Benadryl!) until our 17 hours of flying next Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. Rebecca,
    I came across you blog, our oldest daughter is from Nanchang. On the benedryl, my advice try it before you travel, made both our kids hyper, not sleepy. Used Ibupropen to help them with the flights.
    Penny in PA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I happened on your blog today and I really laughed at the reference to Wal-Mart parenting. I live in Kentucky (Berea) and we call it the "Wal-Mart Whuppin'". Adorable little girl, BTW!!

    ReplyDelete