Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Just "checkin in"!



Hey! This is the "fabulous" Eva...my niece from Guatamala! She just came home this past January...isn't she ADORABLE! "Eva the Diva", that is what I call her! She is darlin'!!!
One of my Internet friends is getting ready to go pick up her daughter in China in a few days. It has made me REALLY want to go! It is getting ridiculous how long this wait has been! Most days I am really positive about it...like "there is a reason for everything..." but, on those days that I am not so "glass half full" it is definitely harder. Today has been one of those days! I know I will outlast, outwit, and outplay (borrowing from Jeff Probst!) this absurd wait...it is just SO DARN HARD! I mean, seriously, what is the BIG DEAL over there? Really? Does it really have to take 3-4 years to adopt a baby from an orphanage into a good home? This is one area where "money" does not talk!!! If it did...we would have her by now!
Anyway, just expressing the thoughts in my head on this "wait" issue. I KNOW I am not alone! There are plenty of other parents just as frustrated and just as anxious! It is a shame that there are so many good and willing families waiting to help these girls and we are all at the mercy of a country and it's government! So, today I go to sleep again. Praying that our Taryn is safe and healthy. Praying that the doors to China will open quickly...miraculously. Praying that we will be able to stand the wait with patience and grace. And, always, thanking God for what we DO have...a WONDERFUL marriage, two WONDERFUL boys, and of course our AWESOME friends! Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment