Sunday, April 20, 2008

"I'M HUNGRY!"


Okay, I am being "tortured" emotionally right now by my 8 year old! We started, as a family, to eat healthier a few months back...However, Wesley (my 8 year old) is the picky eater of the family...so I have been "working around him" (a.k.a. still giving him "crappy" processed food) just to keep the peace. Well, Steve and I had decided that after his crap food was gone we were going to provide healthy alternatives (ex: low sugar fruit loops instead of the regular; whole grain waffles instead of frozen pancakes; fruit instead of fruit snacks; etc...). It is not like we are asking him to eat spinach and brussel sprouts...but, I am just trying to buy less junk food and he was the last man standing when it came to still eating this stuff! I also want to throw a disclaimer out there that we are not against the "crap" food...we just all need to lose some weight and that was part of the problem! This just helps put "limits" on what we choose at our house...Anyway, so today I wake up to my 8 year old laying on the kitchen floor crying...sobbing really..."I'm hungry Mommy... I'm Hungry..." over and over and over again. It doesn't matter that we have a kitchen filled with $150 dollars worth of groceries...we don't have his "old staples". Once again, let me remind you that we DO have the alternatives mentioned above, so it is not like we are starving anyone...and when you see his picture, you will see that my kids are NOT STARVING! So, I feel horrible because I want so badly to "give in" but on the flip side it seems silly to not even try the alternatives he is being offered! AGHHHHH! I feel like a "wicked Mommy"...holler at me if you have been here! Parenting is HARD! So, for now I am leaving him crying his "I'm hungry" mantra to go get ready for church...God forgive me for "starving" my kid!

note: As I was getting up to go get ready he says in a small voice..."Mommy, can you make me some life cereal with milk...?" SCORE one for the team!

No comments:

Post a Comment