Friday, August 8, 2008

Reading is Sexy!!!


I have finished my second novel written by Lisa See. I am an avid reader and just wanted to let all of my "China" readers know about these 2 books, as they are written about women in Ancient China. They were SO INTERESTING! I like history, I don't LOVE history...but these were really great reads for those of us interested in China. They were fiction however, but all historical facts and culture related practices were very real and accurate. The facts and practices were woven into the novel making it enjoyable and interesting.
So, the title of these books were: Snow Flower and the Secret Fan; and Peony in Love... These ARE NOT Christian books, as we all know China is not a "Christian" country... so, just keep that in mind if you are used to reading only Christian novels. I actually ended up buying both of them to have for Taryn, when she is much older of course! Okay, just wanted to pass this information along to anyone interested! Have fun reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment