Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Swimming, Dogs and China...




Okay...it has been "a while" since the last post. Everyone has been left "hanging"...all 2 people that read my blog! Just kidding! Wesley's cast is now OFF after 3 weeks and he is wearing a brace for 3 more weeks...however,the biggest question has been answered for him-HE CAN STILL SWIM! That was really all he was worried about I do believe!
And, the dog, God love the dog...she is doing "okay". It has been harder than I thought to keep her "still". She has gone up the stairs several times...shhhhh, don't tell her vet/surgeon! And, she has run twice...once again, keep that on the "down low". But, I have to say emphatically that IT WAS NOT OUR FAULT. All of these instances happened without us knowing...or watching her close enough...WHATEVER! She goes back on Friday to be checked...we will see if any damage was done. I pray not, this surgery was such a HUGE deal and the recovery is such a HUGE deal, that I hope everything goes smoothly...I will keep everyone posted!
Finally, adoption news...well, there really isn't any news...as usual! I have to say that the events happening in China are simply gut wrenching! It is hard to even wrap your mind around the devastation going on there...I KNOW this will slow our adoption even more...now, I feel like it will be next year...maybe even late next year, before we get our daughter. I can't think about that though. I just keep praying that things can be made whole in this country again. When I catch myself thinking selfishly about our FOREVER AND A DAY wait for Taryn...I have to remember who is in control, and how ALL things come together for good. I have to remember this as fact, and then pray for those suffering in China right now...setting aside my wants. I would much rather keep waiting if I thought more children would be aided by doing so, then to go now...HONESTLY! It will come...it will come...she will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment